If you have not heard, The WPS Monthly Contest has moved to a quarterly format. The rules are the same except you have more images to enter.
The image competition has been a favorite among our members and showcases the talent of our group. Every month there will be a new category that will challenge both wedding and portrait photographers. The categories selected were created by current members of The WPS. All good standing members will be able to enter the first quarter of competition free. The top images will receive an award winner badge (below) and will be showcased on the website. All images will be voted on by our judges to determine the overall winners. At the end of the year the photographer with the most wins will be named The Wedding & Portrait Photographer of the Year.
HOW POINTS ARE ACCRUED / EARNED
An image will receive 25 points per star, which represents a judge’s selection. Each month four judges will comb over all the photos and provide a star to each image they deem worthy. An image will receive an award badge if it gains three or more stars. Information about our judges can be found here.
WPS CONTEST ENTRY RULES
– Members may submit up to six images
– Image/s must be created by a WPS member in good standing
– Image/s should be submitted without watermark/borders
– Image/s submitted must be 2048px on the longest side
– Image/s must be of true clients (non-workshop)
– Image/s may be prepared with unlimited Photoshop (minus photojournalism category)
– Image/s must have been created from January 2019 to present.
– Image/s may contain Exif data, just nothing visible, to ensure judge impartiality
– By entering WPS contests, members consent to WPS posting their image(s)
– Image/s may be disqualified if breaking of the WPS Contest Commandments (rules) is found– Winning images may not be reentered for future competitions
Images will be submitted to the curator who will deliver the images to the judges. The images will be placed on a closed WPS judging area. All decisions are final.
WPS CONTEST JUDGES GUIDELINES
— Judges shall view all images prior to officially judging
– Judges shall not lobby image/s to other judges
– Judges shall award as many images as they see worthy
– All images will be judged with character and integrity
– Judges shall not talk about the contest until the competition is over
– Judges shall notify the curator if a member contacts them to lobby image/s
A curator will be the liaison between the artists and the judges. They will announce on our closed Facebook page when the portal is open to submit your images. He/she will gather the images once they are submitted and submit them to the judges. The curator is and judges are not allowed to enter The WPS Competition.
At the end of the year, points will be tallied up to name our WPS Photographer of the year. The winner will be given a beautiful trophy (below) and becomes a judge for the 2020 contest. For example, Chad Winstead, our 2018 WPSPOY winner is now a judge in 2019.