When I first started as a wedding photographer in Texas, family portraits were always a pain. It wasn’t until I move to North Carolina that I found out a fast and very effective way to move through them quickly. I call this technique “Big-Small-Big.”
BIG–SMALL–BIG PORTRAIT LIST
- B&G with both sides of the family together. It does not matter where people stand because they are “one family now.”
- B&G with bride’s side of the family
- B&G with bride’s immediate family (parents, grandparents and siblings)
- B&G with bride’s parents
- B&G with together with bride’s parents and groom’s parents
- B&G with groom’s parents
- B&G with groom’s immediate family (parents, grandparents and siblings)
- B&G with groom’s side of the family.
After the family portraits are complete, we will focus on the bridal party along with the B&G.
- Bridal Party
- B&G together alone
The video below will go through the procedure of how the process works. Enjoy!
Christobal is a contributing blogger for The WPS